1. My new thing is making posters for my room. Because I’m awesome at it.
2. I have a slight addiction to the game Bejewled on my phone. Because I’m awesome at it.
3. Missy and I are trying to be healthy again. And less fat. We’re doing it together. Because I’m not awesome at it.
4. I am going to read 250 pages of a book tonight. I’m With the Band: Confessions of a Groupie by Pamela Des Barres. Because I waited too long to read it and it’s due tomorrow.
5. I want to start my own business called Upper Middle Classy, where I will be in charge of consulting with semi-wealthy families, then evaluating their homes and staffing them with whatever kind of help they need. Because I sincerely don’t want a real 9-5 job.
6. The cat I live with, Mittens, was just drinking out of the toilet. Because she’s a weirdo.
7. John actually saw me for the first time in our relationship tonight. Because he finally got contacts.
8. I almost overdrew my bank account yesterday when I went to buy John’s AWESOME Christmas present. Because I’d forgotten to put my check in and I only had 6 cents in the bank.
9. I will never be totally comfortable keeping secrets from people about how I actually feel. Because to me, that’s basically a lie.
10. I have to get out of here. Because I’m crawling out of my skin.
I am sick this weekend, so my plan was to stay home and recover. (Which included using a neti-pot, and coming from a girl who has to hold her nose when she swims- that was a big deal. They work, by the way. Like a freakin charm.) Anyway, John wasn’t going to come over and help me get better because he had actual things to accomplish and that was fine by me. Then last night he told me that his friends were going to come over and hang out with him at his house today. On a normal weekend, I would’ve gone to hang out too because I love hanging out with them. However, this weekend I wanted to stay home and be sick and I expressed my disappointment with John that I felt misled. I felt like he was ditching sick ol’ me for hanging out with friends.
I woke up this morning (ok…afternoon), went to the bathroom and when I came out John was in the kitchen with bags of groceries. He had bought chips, pop, and all the fixings to make his famous beef barley soup. We ate a bunch of food, medicated me and watched the OSU game. It feels really good to express a feeling and have the person you love most acknowledge that feeling and act as graciously as they can toward you. I love John Lucas Gambill.
Jolie: your breath smells. Me: because it’s early in the morning and it’s supposed to ( in a disgruntled voice because she woke me up super early on Saturday). Jolie: cover your mouth with your hair (strategically places a piece of my hair over my lips).
Who wants a four year old? She’s potty trained, says please and thank you and can write her name? Any takers???!!!
I’LL TAKE HER! My roommate Allie and I were discussing Jolie last night because she is literally the most beautiful human being to ever be born. Seriously, we spent an hour looking at photos and reading old blogs you had written that involved her. She makes my heart melt. Maybe because she doesn’t wake me up early on Saturday mornings to look at rainbows and complain about my bad breath, but still. :)
I was offered a job today that I really wanted but they want to pay me 7.50, which is only a quarter above minimum wage.
I never think of myself in any way that is minimum or even a quarter above it. I want to be paid something fair to do something decent and to do it well. I don’t think it’s too much to ask, but I’m having trouble finding an employer that thinks the same way.